The leader of the Kurdish Regional Government, Massoud Barzani, will travel to Turkey tomorrow to meet with Turkish leaders. Bilateral relations and regional developments will be among the topics discussed with President Abdullah Gül, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu. While there, Barzani will also meet with Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. Last December, Hashemi took refuge in Iraqi Kurdistan when accused of having ties to terrorism. He is in Turkey while on a multi-country tour but intends to return to Iraqi Kurdistan soon.
At least six Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded in attacks.
A bomb killed one policeman and wounded four others near Samarra.
In Balad, an I.E.D. targeting a car killed one civilian and wounded three others.
A young man’s strangled body was found in Kirkuk.
Five soldiers were wounded during a bombing in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A blast at a Yathrib home wounded three people living there.
In Baghdad, a bomb in the Harthiya neighborhood wounded two people.
A policeman was wounded in a blast near Baquba.
Gunmen in Hibhib wounded a civilian.
In Hawija, gunmen wounded a policeman.
A young girl was liberated from her abductors in Basra.
An electoral commission office was set on fire in Tuz, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018