At least seven Iraqis were killed and 29 more were wounded. Meanwhile, four armed Americans were briefly detained in Baghdad for a security check.
Four U.S. embassy staffers were briefly detained in Baghdad. The two men and two women, all Americans, were wearing flak jackets and carrying light arms when security personnel stopped them. Embassy spokesman Michael McClellan said the group was undertaking "routine movement" at the time they were stopped, but little else is known. In a release yesterday, the embassy warned Americans that Iraqi officials are checking for proper documents. Those without correct paperwork could be detained for hours or even days.
One pilgrim was killed and 12 more were wounded during a blast near Hilla in al-Kifl.
In Baghdad, two off-duty policemen were shot to death.
A blast in Latifiya killed one pilgrim and wounded six others.
An Asayesh agent was gunned down in Sinjar.
Five pilgrims were wounded during a bomb attack in Jbela.
A bomb at the Baquba home of a Sahwa leader wounded three children.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018