At least seven Iraqis were killed and 29 more were wounded. Meanwhile, four armed Americans were briefly detained in Baghdad for a security check.
Four U.S. embassy staffers were briefly detained in Baghdad. The two men and two women, all Americans, were wearing flak jackets and carrying light arms when security personnel stopped them. Embassy spokesman Michael McClellan said the group was undertaking "routine movement" at the time they were stopped, but little else is known. In a release yesterday, the embassy warned Americans that Iraqi officials are checking for proper documents. Those without correct paperwork could be detained for hours or even days.
One pilgrim was killed and 12 more were wounded during a blast near Hilla in al-Kifl.
In Baghdad, two off-duty policemen were shot to death.
A blast in Latifiya killed one pilgrim and wounded six others.
An Asayesh agent was gunned down in Sinjar.
Five pilgrims were wounded during a bomb attack in Jbela.
A bomb at the Baquba home of a Sahwa leader wounded three children.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018