At least seven Iraqis were killed and 29 more were wounded. Meanwhile, four armed Americans were briefly detained in Baghdad for a security check.
Four U.S. embassy staffers were briefly detained in Baghdad. The two men and two women, all Americans, were wearing flak jackets and carrying light arms when security personnel stopped them. Embassy spokesman Michael McClellan said the group was undertaking "routine movement" at the time they were stopped, but little else is known. In a release yesterday, the embassy warned Americans that Iraqi officials are checking for proper documents. Those without correct paperwork could be detained for hours or even days.
One pilgrim was killed and 12 more were wounded during a blast near Hilla in al-Kifl.
In Baghdad, two off-duty policemen were shot to death.
A blast in Latifiya killed one pilgrim and wounded six others.
An Asayesh agent was gunned down in Sinjar.
Five pilgrims were wounded during a bomb attack in Jbela.
A bomb at the Baquba home of a Sahwa leader wounded three children.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018