Updated at 9:44 p.m. EDT Oct. 25, 2011
Attacks targeting security personnel continued across Iraq today, where they left eight Iraqis dead and 27 more wounded. Also, one U.S. soldier died of non-hostile causes in Tallil, and another U.S. soldier supporting Operation New Dawn died of an illness in Texas. Meanwhile, about 500-1000 Turkish troops may have entered northern Iraq, chasing after Kurdish rebels. No casualties have been reported yet, but the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) says that some fighting already occurred. Turkey denied the incursion.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one policeman and wounded three others in the Ur neighborhood. An attack left five wounded in Za’afaraniya. Five more policemen were wounded during a blast in Baladiyat. Two bombs in Rashid left one civilian with injuries.
Gunmen killed a government employee and wounded his wife in Falluja.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb seriously wounded two soldiers.
In Mosul, a civilian was kidnapped.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018