Updated at 9:44 p.m. EDT Oct. 25, 2011
Attacks targeting security personnel continued across Iraq today, where they left eight Iraqis dead and 27 more wounded. Also, one U.S. soldier died of non-hostile causes in Tallil, and another U.S. soldier supporting Operation New Dawn died of an illness in Texas. Meanwhile, about 500-1000 Turkish troops may have entered northern Iraq, chasing after Kurdish rebels. No casualties have been reported yet, but the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) says that some fighting already occurred. Turkey denied the incursion.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one policeman and wounded three others in the Ur neighborhood. An attack left five wounded in Za’afaraniya. Five more policemen were wounded during a blast in Baladiyat. Two bombs in Rashid left one civilian with injuries.
Gunmen killed a government employee and wounded his wife in Falluja.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb seriously wounded two soldiers.
In Mosul, a civilian was kidnapped.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019