At least four Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but violence intensified considerably just across the Turkish border where suspected P.K.K. rebels killed 26 Turkish soldiers. Turkey then sent commandos across the border.
A pair of bombs exploded near the Health Office in Ramadi killing two and wounding five others. One of the dead was a child.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at a car carrying an anti-terrorism official, but only managed to wound the driver. A sticky bomb wounded an oil ministry employee and another passenger when it blew up in Yarmouk.
Two bombs exploded in Baquba, but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. attack targeting American forces near Numaniya left no reported casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018