At least four Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but violence intensified considerably just across the Turkish border where suspected P.K.K. rebels killed 26 Turkish soldiers. Turkey then sent commandos across the border.
A pair of bombs exploded near the Health Office in Ramadi killing two and wounding five others. One of the dead was a child.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at a car carrying an anti-terrorism official, but only managed to wound the driver. A sticky bomb wounded an oil ministry employee and another passenger when it blew up in Yarmouk.
Two bombs exploded in Baquba, but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. attack targeting American forces near Numaniya left no reported casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018