At least four Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but violence intensified considerably just across the Turkish border where suspected P.K.K. rebels killed 26 Turkish soldiers. Turkey then sent commandos across the border.
A pair of bombs exploded near the Health Office in Ramadi killing two and wounding five others. One of the dead was a child.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at a car carrying an anti-terrorism official, but only managed to wound the driver. A sticky bomb wounded an oil ministry employee and another passenger when it blew up in Yarmouk.
Two bombs exploded in Baquba, but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. attack targeting American forces near Numaniya left no reported casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019