At least four Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but violence intensified considerably just across the Turkish border where suspected P.K.K. rebels killed 26 Turkish soldiers. Turkey then sent commandos across the border.
A pair of bombs exploded near the Health Office in Ramadi killing two and wounding five others. One of the dead was a child.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at a car carrying an anti-terrorism official, but only managed to wound the driver. A sticky bomb wounded an oil ministry employee and another passenger when it blew up in Yarmouk.
Two bombs exploded in Baquba, but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. attack targeting American forces near Numaniya left no reported casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018