At least four Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but violence intensified considerably just across the Turkish border where suspected P.K.K. rebels killed 26 Turkish soldiers. Turkey then sent commandos across the border.
A pair of bombs exploded near the Health Office in Ramadi killing two and wounding five others. One of the dead was a child.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at a car carrying an anti-terrorism official, but only managed to wound the driver. A sticky bomb wounded an oil ministry employee and another passenger when it blew up in Yarmouk.
Two bombs exploded in Baquba, but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. attack targeting American forces near Numaniya left no reported casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019