Although few attacks were reported, one targeting pilgrims in Haswa produced a significant number of casualties. Overall, at least eight Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded there and across the country.
Four people were killed and 17 others were wounded when a suicide minibus bomber struck outside a restaurant in Haswa. Many of the victims were pilgrims who had stopped to rest while on their way to Karbala. Among the dead were a woman and a child, but blast walls limited the number of casualties.
Two bodies were found in Tikrit. They were bound and shot.
Police found a dumped body in Kirkuk.
In Baghdad, a bomb on Palestine Street wounded three people.
Two people were wounded when a bomb blew up in Mussayab.
A blast in Gatoun wounded one civilian.
Meanwhile, a radical P.K.K. splinter group laid claim to two recent bombings in Turkey.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018