The dust had barely settled after yesterday’s widespread violence when new attacks began to take place. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 36 more were wounded. Security forces were again the focus, but the large-scale bombings in the south did not continue.
In Mosul, a blast in the Hatra district killed four policemen and wounded four more. Four people were wounded in a downtown grenade attack. A roadside bomb outside town killed two Iraqi soldiers when it exploded. A separate bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others. Eleven suspects were captured.
A family of three was found shot to death at their home in Suleimaniya.
In Amiriyat, an alleged bombmaker was killed, along with two family members, as the bomb he was building exploded prematurely.
Gunmen attacked an official’s home in Buhriz, where they killed two of his sons.
Six policemen were wounded in Rawa when they encountered two bombs.
A bomb in Mualameen targeted a police officer’s convoy and wounded three people when it exploded.
Seventeen suspects were arrested in Diyala province.
Ten suspects were arrested in Abu Ghraib.
A rocket attack took place at the air base in Butiera
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019