The dust had barely settled after yesterday’s widespread violence when new attacks began to take place. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 36 more were wounded. Security forces were again the focus, but the large-scale bombings in the south did not continue.
In Mosul, a blast in the Hatra district killed four policemen and wounded four more. Four people were wounded in a downtown grenade attack. A roadside bomb outside town killed two Iraqi soldiers when it exploded. A separate bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others. Eleven suspects were captured.
A family of three was found shot to death at their home in Suleimaniya.
In Amiriyat, an alleged bombmaker was killed, along with two family members, as the bomb he was building exploded prematurely.
Gunmen attacked an official’s home in Buhriz, where they killed two of his sons.
Six policemen were wounded in Rawa when they encountered two bombs.
A bomb in Mualameen targeted a police officer’s convoy and wounded three people when it exploded.
Seventeen suspects were arrested in Diyala province.
Ten suspects were arrested in Abu Ghraib.
A rocket attack took place at the air base in Butiera
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018
- Abu Ghraib Official Injured in Bombing; 10 Killed in Iraq – August 9th, 2018