At least 12 Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded in new attacks across the country. Meanwhile, a leading international lawyer warned that the credibility a British inquiry (Chilcot) into the Iraq invasion is in danger over a lack of transparency.
In Mosul, two Iraqi soldiers were killed and eight other people were wounded when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives at a checkpoint; the blast demolished a nearby building. A roadside bomb wounded two others. Gunmen killed a 17-year-old at his father’s sweets shop. A body was found.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Wathiq Square. Five civilians were wounded in an Adhamiya blast. B.O.C. has planned strict security measures for the Eid, which begins on Tuesday.
An I.E.D. killed three soldiers in Rashad.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Leylan.
Rockets were confiscated near Kut.
Kurdish Asayesh forces captured a suspect.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Personnel Among 10 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Kidnapped Pilgrims Found; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2018
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018