At least 12 Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded in new attacks across the country. Meanwhile, a leading international lawyer warned that the credibility a British inquiry (Chilcot) into the Iraq invasion is in danger over a lack of transparency.
In Mosul, two Iraqi soldiers were killed and eight other people were wounded when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives at a checkpoint; the blast demolished a nearby building. A roadside bomb wounded two others. Gunmen killed a 17-year-old at his father’s sweets shop. A body was found.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Wathiq Square. Five civilians were wounded in an Adhamiya blast. B.O.C. has planned strict security measures for the Eid, which begins on Tuesday.
An I.E.D. killed three soldiers in Rashad.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Leylan.
Rockets were confiscated near Kut.
Kurdish Asayesh forces captured a suspect.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018