At least 12 Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded in new attacks across the country. Meanwhile, a leading international lawyer warned that the credibility a British inquiry (Chilcot) into the Iraq invasion is in danger over a lack of transparency.
In Mosul, two Iraqi soldiers were killed and eight other people were wounded when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives at a checkpoint; the blast demolished a nearby building. A roadside bomb wounded two others. Gunmen killed a 17-year-old at his father’s sweets shop. A body was found.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Wathiq Square. Five civilians were wounded in an Adhamiya blast. B.O.C. has planned strict security measures for the Eid, which begins on Tuesday.
An I.E.D. killed three soldiers in Rashad.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Leylan.
Rockets were confiscated near Kut.
Kurdish Asayesh forces captured a suspect.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019