At least three Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in light violence; however, the Islamic State of Iraq vowed to continue targeting Iraqi Christians. Also, the Iraqi Interior Ministery inspector general admitted that a "magic wand" used to detect explosives is completely useless, but Interior Minister Jawad Bolani continues to defend its use.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil wounded three soldiers.
No casualties were reported after a bomb targeting a U.S. patrol exploded in Basra.
Three suspects were arrested for lobbing a grenade at a joint U.S.-Iraqi patrol in Hawija.
An early morning raid netted 96 suspects across Salah ad-Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019