Updated at 6:09 p.m. EDT, June 29, 2008
A mass grave gave up 20 more bodies a day after its discovery near Lake Tharthar. Overall, at least 39 Iraqis were killed or found dead and 20 more were wounded in attacks. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Twenty more bodies were recovered from a mass grave discovered in the Lake Tharthar region. The total is now up to 50 dead.
A suicide bomber in Duluiya killed seven people and wounded three more.
Seven people were wounded in Kirkuk when a bomb targeting a police patrol blasted a minibus instead. Six of the dead were policemen and the seventh was an Awakening Council (Sahwa) member.
Gunmen wounded three farmers walking to their orchard in Khalis.
A female suicide bomber injured three Sahwa members in Muqdadiyah.
An off-duty policeman was shot and killed outside his home in Mosul. Also, over 1200 detainees were released, but the time period in which the prisoners were freed was not reported. The majority of the prisoners were innocent of charges.
U.S. forces killed two suspects and arrested 15 more across central and northern Iraq.
In the Tigris River Valley, nine suspects were detained.
A curfew is in effect for Diwaniya as they prepare to accept responsibility for security from U.S. forces.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019