Updated at 5:50 p.m. EST, March 1, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 21 others were wounded in the latest round of violence; a British airman was also killed during a rocket attack in Basra. Meanwhile, in Diyala province, Awakening Council members returned to their posts after a three-week “strike” protesting the police chief.
Gunmen in Suleiman Pak killed two people and wounded 12 more when they attacked a bus carrying pilgrims returning from Karbala. Also, eleven captives were freed hours after they were kidnapped from Khalis.
An armed attack on a bus in Udhaim left three dead.
A roadside bomb killed three Iraqi soldiers and wounded three others north of Baquba.
In Mahmudiya, one person was killed and three more were wounded during a roadside bombing.
Three separate bomb blasts targeting U.S. patrols in Mosul left one injured Iraqi civilian.
North of Fallujah in Zhiraa Dijla, two dumped bodies were found.
In Baghdad, two bodies were found dumped.
U.S. troops killed six suspects and detained 13 others during in central and northern Iraq. In Baghdad, an Iranian-trained sniper was captured along with three others. Also, a man was arrested in Khan Bani Saad under suspicion of training women to use suicide vests; among his recruits was his wife. In Thi Qar province, 139 suspects were arrested during security operations.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019