Updated at 5:50 p.m. EST, March 1, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 21 others were wounded in the latest round of violence; a British airman was also killed during a rocket attack in Basra. Meanwhile, in Diyala province, Awakening Council members returned to their posts after a three-week “strike” protesting the police chief.
Gunmen in Suleiman Pak killed two people and wounded 12 more when they attacked a bus carrying pilgrims returning from Karbala. Also, eleven captives were freed hours after they were kidnapped from Khalis.
An armed attack on a bus in Udhaim left three dead.
A roadside bomb killed three Iraqi soldiers and wounded three others north of Baquba.
In Mahmudiya, one person was killed and three more were wounded during a roadside bombing.
Three separate bomb blasts targeting U.S. patrols in Mosul left one injured Iraqi civilian.
North of Fallujah in Zhiraa Dijla, two dumped bodies were found.
In Baghdad, two bodies were found dumped.
U.S. troops killed six suspects and detained 13 others during in central and northern Iraq. In Baghdad, an Iranian-trained sniper was captured along with three others. Also, a man was arrested in Khan Bani Saad under suspicion of training women to use suicide vests; among his recruits was his wife. In Thi Qar province, 139 suspects were arrested during security operations.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018