Updated at 11:15 p.m. EST, Feb. 15, 2008
At least 33 Iraqis were killed or found dead and 21 more were wounded during the latest violence. It is the weekly prayer day, and two suicide bombers took advantage of mosque worshippers to stage an attack in Tal Afar. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Two suicide bombers killed as many as four people and wounded 17 more during an attack on a mosque in Tal Afar. The first bomber threw a grenade on exiting worshippers then blew himself up. The second bomber was shot dead before he could reach his targets.
A U.S. air strike killed eight members of the same family in Hawija. Women and children were among the dead.
U.S. forces killed three suspects and arrested 10 others across northern and central Iraq.
Five suspects were detained in Mosul.
Five bodies were found on the side of the road, north of Baquba in al-Salam.
Fifty detainees were released in Ninewa province.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018