Updated at 1:05 a.m. EST, Jan. 25, 2008
At least 21 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded a day after a massive bomb blast in Mosul. Among the latest casualties was Mosul’s police chief, who was inspecting yesterday’s bombing site. Meanwhile, no Coalition deaths were reported.
In Mosul, gunmen attacked police who were gathered at the scene of yesterday’s massive bombing. After a short clash, a suicide bomber targeted a vehicle containing the police chief. The chief and two others were killed while 10 others were wounded, including a Xinhua news agency journalist and an American soldier. A three-day mourning period was announced by the governor.
In Baghdad, two policemen were killed and three were wounded during a bombing in Karrada. Three Iraqi security personnel and a soldier were killed during operations that netted 22 suspects. An IED in Ghadeer injured two civilians, while another in Zaafaraniyah wounded one person. Also, three dumped bodies were found.
Three people were killed and four were wounded during a clash in Dhuluiya.
A suicide bomber was shot dead in Khalidya after he ignored warning from police.
A roadside bomb in Mahaweel killed one civilian and wounded two others.
A body was found in Iskandariya.
Near Samarra, seven oil tanker drivers were kidnapped.And IED explosion in Karbala killed two guards working for an al-Sistani aide and injured four more.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018