Updated at 1:05 a.m. EST, Jan. 25, 2008
At least 21 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded a day after a massive bomb blast in Mosul. Among the latest casualties was Mosul’s police chief, who was inspecting yesterday’s bombing site. Meanwhile, no Coalition deaths were reported.
In Mosul, gunmen attacked police who were gathered at the scene of yesterday’s massive bombing. After a short clash, a suicide bomber targeted a vehicle containing the police chief. The chief and two others were killed while 10 others were wounded, including a Xinhua news agency journalist and an American soldier. A three-day mourning period was announced by the governor.
In Baghdad, two policemen were killed and three were wounded during a bombing in Karrada. Three Iraqi security personnel and a soldier were killed during operations that netted 22 suspects. An IED in Ghadeer injured two civilians, while another in Zaafaraniyah wounded one person. Also, three dumped bodies were found.
Three people were killed and four were wounded during a clash in Dhuluiya.
A suicide bomber was shot dead in Khalidya after he ignored warning from police.
A roadside bomb in Mahaweel killed one civilian and wounded two others.
A body was found in Iskandariya.
Near Samarra, seven oil tanker drivers were kidnapped.And IED explosion in Karbala killed two guards working for an al-Sistani aide and injured four more.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019