Updated at 12:25 p.m. EDT, Nov. 2, 2007
At least 61 Iraqis were killed and 45 more were wounded during a series a bombings in the capital and elsewhere. Also, three American servicemembers were killed in separate events.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb in Binoog killed six people and wounded seven others, including the mayor of the Azamiyah neighborhood. In al-Wathiq Square another bomb wounded four people. A man was gunned down in Mansour. In the al-Saidiya neigbhorhood gunmen wounded three people and one policeman. Also, five dumped bodies were found in several neigbhorhoods.
The police chief in Balad Ruz escaped a roadside bomb attack unharmed, but six guards were killed and eight more were wounded. Two more policemen were killed and two others were wounded during a separate bombing targeting police forces.
The body of a university professor was found in Kirkuk.
A suicide bomber was shot dead near a hospital in Tal Afar.
In Baquba, a bomb left one child dead and two others wounded.
North of Basra in al-Maqal, gunmen riding a motorcycle killed the brother of a prominent Madhi Army member. During a similar incident last night in nearby al-Hussein, a Mahdi Army member was gunned down by motorcycle-riding gunmen.
In Zarkosh, gunmen killed three people, including two soldiers.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018