Updated at 10:52 p.m. EDT, Aug. 3, 2007
Three MND-B soldiers were killed and 11 wounded when an IED blasted their patrol in Baghdad yesterday. Iraqis fared better today during extremely light violence. At least 22 Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded. Also, five Australian soldiers were injured in a traffic accident.
In Baghdad, 13 dumped bodies were discovered mostly in western neighborhoods.
Gunmen in Khan Bani Saad killed two children, a young man and an old lady; nine others were injured, most seriously.
Two Iraqi soldiers were wounded during a roadside bombing near Hilla.
Riots erupted at a detention camp near Mosul when MNF troops arrived to escort some detainees to the gallows. One detainee was killed and two more were injured during the incident.
In Jbela, inter-tribal clashing left three civilians dead.
Gunmen killed an aide working for Shi’ite cleric Ali al-Sistani in Najaf.
Iraqi and U.S. forces arrested five suspects and disrupted a car bomb cell in Kirkuk.
U.S. forces detained 17 suspects in various cities.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019