Updated at 12:50 p.m. EDT, April 11, 2007
Today was significantly calmer in Iraq with only 39 reported Iraqi deaths and 17 injured across the country. A U.S. soldier was killed today by a roadside bomb in eastern Baghdad. A second soldier was reported killed; the death occurred yesterday when the soldier’s unit was attacked in southern Baghdad.
In Baghdad, eleven dumped bodies were recovered; it is believed these daily body dumps are caused by sectarian violence. An electricity ministry official and his driver were assassinated in the Suleikh district. Gunmen also shot and killed a teacher, in the Amil district. A bomb attack in Amiriya wounded one civilian.
Nine shot and torture bodies, including one belonging to a woman were found in Mosul. A policeman was killed and eight others were wounded during a police car explosion. Two gunmen were injured during an attack on a Kurdish town.
Six bodies were recovered in Fallujah. An explosion destroyed the home of a police officer.
Five bodies were turned in to the morgue in Khalis.
U.S. forces killed a gunman and arrested 13 others in Arab Jabour.
A roadside bomb in Hilla killed a policeman and wounded three others.
Three people were injured during a mortar attack a village near al-Wahda.
Policemen arrested a photographer for filming an attack on a police patrol.
No one was injured when the British base at Basra airport came under indirect fire.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018