At least 86 people were killed or found dead, and 14 more were wounded:
The bodies of 80 Yazidi women were discovered in a mass grave in Sinjar.
In Ishaqi, gunmen stormed a home where they killed three men and wounded four other family members, including children.
Five Shi’ite militiamen were wounded in a double bombing in Hawija.
Gunmen injured three civilians, including two toddlers, in Qibla.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded two people.
An airstrike in Wadi Thalab left three militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018