Despite pleas from the United Nations, Iraq continues to hold controversial trials. The U.N. does not believe Iraq has jurisdiction in Islamic State cases, nor can the justice system ensure fair trails.
The U.S.-led Coalition is now admitting to 817 unintentional civilian deaths during the war against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. The number is likely much higher.
At least three people were killed, and three more were wounded:
Gunmen killed a tribal leader from the Jabour tribe in Qara Tapa.
A protester had died of injuries received during riots in Raniya last week.
In Haswa, a sticky bomb killed a civilian.
A bomb in Sayyid Abdullah left two tribal fighters with injuries.
A farmer was wounded in a shooting in Bani Saad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019