Baghdad issued a list of demands that the Kurds must accept before talks between the two governments can begin.
Tensions between armed groups in Tuz Khormato reignited on Monday when Turkmen militiamen were stopped from entering a Kurdish neighborhood.
A 1948 law that gives Palestinians certain rights in Iraq could soon be repealed.
At least 52 people were killed and two were wounded in recent violence:
A militant attack on a highway near Hawija left 20 militiamen and five civilians dead.
In Mosul, militants killed four policemen.
Two dumped bodies were found in Birima.
In Baghdad, a security member engaged in an argument with a neighbor brought gunmen to the home; one person was killed and another was wounded.
Gunmen wounded a tribal fighter in Abu Ghraib.
Security personnel killed eight militants in the Nimrud area.
Two militants were killed in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019