Baghdad issued a list of demands that the Kurds must accept before talks between the two governments can begin.
Tensions between armed groups in Tuz Khormato reignited on Monday when Turkmen militiamen were stopped from entering a Kurdish neighborhood.
A 1948 law that gives Palestinians certain rights in Iraq could soon be repealed.
At least 52 people were killed and two were wounded in recent violence:
A militant attack on a highway near Hawija left 20 militiamen and five civilians dead.
In Mosul, militants killed four policemen.
Two dumped bodies were found in Birima.
In Baghdad, a security member engaged in an argument with a neighbor brought gunmen to the home; one person was killed and another was wounded.
Gunmen wounded a tribal fighter in Abu Ghraib.
Security personnel killed eight militants in the Nimrud area.
Two militants were killed in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018