Baghdad issued a list of demands that the Kurds must accept before talks between the two governments can begin.
Tensions between armed groups in Tuz Khormato reignited on Monday when Turkmen militiamen were stopped from entering a Kurdish neighborhood.
A 1948 law that gives Palestinians certain rights in Iraq could soon be repealed.
At least 52 people were killed and two were wounded in recent violence:
A militant attack on a highway near Hawija left 20 militiamen and five civilians dead.
In Mosul, militants killed four policemen.
Two dumped bodies were found in Birima.
In Baghdad, a security member engaged in an argument with a neighbor brought gunmen to the home; one person was killed and another was wounded.
Gunmen wounded a tribal fighter in Abu Ghraib.
Security personnel killed eight militants in the Nimrud area.
Two militants were killed in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019