On Friday, about 45 villages were recaptured during an widespread operation in the provinces of Anbar, Nineveh, or Salah ad Din.
At least 27 people were killed or found dead, and 11 were wounded:
Two people were killed and four were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
A bomb in Jbela killed a farmer and wounded another.
In Baghdad, a bomb left three people with injuries.
A bomb wounded three people in Hammam al-Alil.
At least 21 militants were killed during the liberation of 20 villages.
In Hawija, three militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018