Parliament Speaker Salim Jabouri met with Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani on Sunday. No real progress was made to break the impasse between the Kurdish autonomous government and the federal government in Baghdad over the results of the Kurdish referendum.
At least 32 people were killed and four were wounded:
Three civilians were killed and a fourth was wounded by a blast in Wahda.
In Jurf al-Sakhar a bomb wounded three militiamen.
Airstrikes along the border with Syria left 17 militants dead.
A strike killed five militants in the Zour basin.
Four more were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
In Makhmour, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 19 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2018