Parliament Speaker Salim Jabouri met with Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani on Sunday. No real progress was made to break the impasse between the Kurdish autonomous government and the federal government in Baghdad over the results of the Kurdish referendum.
At least 32 people were killed and four were wounded:
Three civilians were killed and a fourth was wounded by a blast in Wahda.
In Jurf al-Sakhar a bomb wounded three militiamen.
Airstrikes along the border with Syria left 17 militants dead.
A strike killed five militants in the Zour basin.
Four more were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
In Makhmour, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017