Parliament Speaker Salim Jabouri met with Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani on Sunday. No real progress was made to break the impasse between the Kurdish autonomous government and the federal government in Baghdad over the results of the Kurdish referendum.
At least 32 people were killed and four were wounded:
Three civilians were killed and a fourth was wounded by a blast in Wahda.
In Jurf al-Sakhar a bomb wounded three militiamen.
Airstrikes along the border with Syria left 17 militants dead.
A strike killed five militants in the Zour basin.
Four more were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
In Makhmour, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018