Parliament Speaker Salim Jabouri met with Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani on Sunday. No real progress was made to break the impasse between the Kurdish autonomous government and the federal government in Baghdad over the results of the Kurdish referendum.
At least 32 people were killed and four were wounded:
Three civilians were killed and a fourth was wounded by a blast in Wahda.
In Jurf al-Sakhar a bomb wounded three militiamen.
Airstrikes along the border with Syria left 17 militants dead.
A strike killed five militants in the Zour basin.
Four more were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
In Makhmour, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018