Parliament Speaker Salim Jabouri met with Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani on Sunday. No real progress was made to break the impasse between the Kurdish autonomous government and the federal government in Baghdad over the results of the Kurdish referendum.
At least 32 people were killed and four were wounded:
Three civilians were killed and a fourth was wounded by a blast in Wahda.
In Jurf al-Sakhar a bomb wounded three militiamen.
Airstrikes along the border with Syria left 17 militants dead.
A strike killed five militants in the Zour basin.
Four more were killed in a strike in the Hamrin Mountains.
In Makhmour, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Looting, Violence Continues in Captured Towns; 57 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2017
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017