At a camp near Mosul, Iraq is holding about 1,400 foreign women and children who are suspected family members of Islamic State fighters. Most of the women are believed to be from Turkey, but authorities are still verifying their identities. Their male relatives are presumably being held by Kurdish forces.
About 3,000 Christians were able to return to their homes in Hamdaniya and Tel Saqf.
At least 68 people were killed and 11 more were wounded:
The bodies of two women were found in Mosul.
In Qaim, Rawah, and Anah, Coalition airstrikes left five civilians wounded and 17 militants dead.
An Iraqi soldier was killed while defusing a bomb in Baghdadi.
A bomb in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded six militiamen.
In Kaske, 16 militants were killed.
Security forces near Naft Khana and Imam Weis killed 14 militants.
Twelve militants were killed in Mayta and Adeliya.
An airstrike on Hawija killed four militants including a police chief.
In Hammam al-Alil, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017