A spokesmen for the Hashd al-Shaabi militia groups, Ahmed al-Assadi, denied reports that the militias are not participating in liberation Tal Afar. On Thursday, Jawad al-Tulaibawi, a militia leader, said that the militias will not participate due to local and international criticism.
At least 17 were killed and three were wounded in recent violence:
Two tribal fighters were killed and three were wounded during clashes in Rawah.
In Jalawla, the body of a kidnapped shepherd was found.
Turkish airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets left three guerrillas dead in Avasin-Basyan.
Five militants were killed as they tried to cross the border from Syria.
In Mosul, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018