A spokesmen for the Hashd al-Shaabi militia groups, Ahmed al-Assadi, denied reports that the militias are not participating in liberation Tal Afar. On Thursday, Jawad al-Tulaibawi, a militia leader, said that the militias will not participate due to local and international criticism.
At least 17 were killed and three were wounded in recent violence:
Two tribal fighters were killed and three were wounded during clashes in Rawah.
In Jalawla, the body of a kidnapped shepherd was found.
Turkish airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets left three guerrillas dead in Avasin-Basyan.
Five militants were killed as they tried to cross the border from Syria.
In Mosul, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations near Hawija; 15 Killed in Iraq – January 22nd, 2018
- Clashes South of Mosul; 10 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2018
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018