A spokesmen for the Hashd al-Shaabi militia groups, Ahmed al-Assadi, denied reports that the militias are not participating in liberation Tal Afar. On Thursday, Jawad al-Tulaibawi, a militia leader, said that the militias will not participate due to local and international criticism.
At least 17 were killed and three were wounded in recent violence:
Two tribal fighters were killed and three were wounded during clashes in Rawah.
In Jalawla, the body of a kidnapped shepherd was found.
Turkish airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets left three guerrillas dead in Avasin-Basyan.
Five militants were killed as they tried to cross the border from Syria.
In Mosul, security forces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018