At least 52 were killed and 24 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, a bomb killed eight members of the same family. Three civilians were killed and four were wounded in a bombing. A booby-trapped home was triggered, killing two people and wounding another. A policeman was killed in a bombing. A gunman killed a civilian. A policeman was also shot to death.
A bomb killed three soldiers in Muqdadiya.
An explosion in Jalawla killed a Peshmerga member.
A bomb in Qara Tapa wounded two farmers.
In Hamada, a bomb wounded a tribal leader.
Turkish warplanes targeted Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) members in Zab, killing three.
Thirteen militants were killed in Rawah and Qaim.
Nine militants were killed and 13 were wounded during air strikes in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017