At least 52 were killed and 24 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, a bomb killed eight members of the same family. Three civilians were killed and four were wounded in a bombing. A booby-trapped home was triggered, killing two people and wounding another. A policeman was killed in a bombing. A gunman killed a civilian. A policeman was also shot to death.
A bomb killed three soldiers in Muqdadiya.
An explosion in Jalawla killed a Peshmerga member.
A bomb in Qara Tapa wounded two farmers.
In Hamada, a bomb wounded a tribal leader.
Turkish warplanes targeted Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) members in Zab, killing three.
Thirteen militants were killed in Rawah and Qaim.
Nine militants were killed and 13 were wounded during air strikes in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018