At least 52 were killed and 24 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, a bomb killed eight members of the same family. Three civilians were killed and four were wounded in a bombing. A booby-trapped home was triggered, killing two people and wounding another. A policeman was killed in a bombing. A gunman killed a civilian. A policeman was also shot to death.
A bomb killed three soldiers in Muqdadiya.
An explosion in Jalawla killed a Peshmerga member.
A bomb in Qara Tapa wounded two farmers.
In Hamada, a bomb wounded a tribal leader.
Turkish warplanes targeted Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) members in Zab, killing three.
Thirteen militants were killed in Rawah and Qaim.
Nine militants were killed and 13 were wounded during air strikes in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017