The Battle for Mosul has separated thousands of children from the families. Some are merely lost, or their parents are missing. For others, their entire families may be dead. The UNICEF organization fears that many are in extremely vulnerable situations.
Several militia groups are being excluded from the operation to liberate Tal Afar. Musa Ali Julaq, a Turkmen commander, expressed concern that many of the personnel being kept out are Turkmen who reside in the city.
Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr visited with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Jedda, Saudi Arabia, on Sunday.
At least 59 were killed and 13 were wounded:
Gunmen killed a militiaman in Imam Weis.
Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Madaen.
Turkey claims to have killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab and Matina.
Fifteen militants were killed in strikes on Umm al-Waz.
Security forces killed 14 militants in Islama.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018