Over 839,000 people remain displaced after the liberation of Mosul, according to the International Organization for Migration (I.O.M.). This is from a high of 1,073,712 individuals. The number indicates the extent of ruin in Mosul or the fear residents have of returning.
Anonymous officials believe that about 7,000 Islamic State militants and their supporters remain in Iraq.
At least 70 were killed and seven were wounded:
A village Mukhtar and his son were assassinated in Jazair.
Clashes in Daquq left two Peshmerga wounded. One militant was also killed and three more were wounded.
At least 40 militants were killed during an airstrikes in Tal Afar.
Ten militants were killed in Hamra.
In Mosul, the bodies of two militants were found.
An airstrike on Metabijh killed three militants.
The driver of a tank bomb was killed in Nukhaib.
Clashes between militants based in Abbasi and others based in Hawija left a number of them dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018