Over 839,000 people remain displaced after the liberation of Mosul, according to the International Organization for Migration (I.O.M.). This is from a high of 1,073,712 individuals. The number indicates the extent of ruin in Mosul or the fear residents have of returning.
Anonymous officials believe that about 7,000 Islamic State militants and their supporters remain in Iraq.
At least 70 were killed and seven were wounded:
A village Mukhtar and his son were assassinated in Jazair.
Clashes in Daquq left two Peshmerga wounded. One militant was also killed and three more were wounded.
At least 40 militants were killed during an airstrikes in Tal Afar.
Ten militants were killed in Hamra.
In Mosul, the bodies of two militants were found.
An airstrike on Metabijh killed three militants.
The driver of a tank bomb was killed in Nukhaib.
Clashes between militants based in Abbasi and others based in Hawija left a number of them dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017