At least 396 were killed and seven were wounded:
In Mosul, 50 civilians were killed in an airstrike. Eleven policemen were killed and one was wounded when 50 suicide bombers staged an attack that allowed them to retake ground; six civilians were also killed. An airstrike killed a policeman and wounded six more. Security forces killed 241 militants in Shifa.
Thirteen militants were killed near the Syrian border.
At least a dozen militants were killed in airstrikes in Tal Afar.
Near Haditha, at least a dozen militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017
- Two US Service Members Among 59 Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2017
- Explosion Kills Caliphate Cubs; 75 Killed Across Iraq – August 12th, 2017