At least 120 were killed and 16 were wounded:
In Mosul, eight soldiers were killed and nine were wounded in a pair of suicide blasts. A suicide bomber killed six soldiers and wounded four more. Another bomber killed three soldiers in Najar. Security forces killed 20 militants near the Old Bridge. A militant official was killed in an airstrike.
A bomb in Tarmiya killed a soldier and wounded an officer.
A bomb in Wajihiya wounded two civilians.
Militiamen killed 41 militants during operations in the Qayrawan and Sinjar areas.
In the Makhoul Mountains, eight militants were killed.
Militants in Tal Afar executed one of their own leaders for fleeing battle.
Airstrikes killed over a dozen militants coming into Iraq from Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018