At least 120 were killed and 16 were wounded:
In Mosul, eight soldiers were killed and nine were wounded in a pair of suicide blasts. A suicide bomber killed six soldiers and wounded four more. Another bomber killed three soldiers in Najar. Security forces killed 20 militants near the Old Bridge. A militant official was killed in an airstrike.
A bomb in Tarmiya killed a soldier and wounded an officer.
A bomb in Wajihiya wounded two civilians.
Militiamen killed 41 militants during operations in the Qayrawan and Sinjar areas.
In the Makhoul Mountains, eight militants were killed.
Militants in Tal Afar executed one of their own leaders for fleeing battle.
Airstrikes killed over a dozen militants coming into Iraq from Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018