At least 142 were killed and 34 were wounded or sickened in recent violence:
In Mosul, snipers killed 64 civilians as they tried to escape across the Tigris River. An airstrike killed five militants, including a close aide to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Chemical weapons sickened 26 people in Dandan and Jawzq.
Eight bodies were found in a mass grave near the Iranian border in Shaanoun.
Turkish jets targeting Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) killed ten members near Zakho.
Clashes in Qayrawan left 23 militants dead.
Twenty militants were killed in a strike on an Internet cafe in Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017