At least 142 were killed and 34 were wounded or sickened in recent violence:
In Mosul, snipers killed 64 civilians as they tried to escape across the Tigris River. An airstrike killed five militants, including a close aide to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Chemical weapons sickened 26 people in Dandan and Jawzq.
Eight bodies were found in a mass grave near the Iranian border in Shaanoun.
Turkish jets targeting Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) killed ten members near Zakho.
Clashes in Qayrawan left 23 militants dead.
Twenty militants were killed in a strike on an Internet cafe in Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018