At least 142 were killed and 34 were wounded or sickened in recent violence:
In Mosul, snipers killed 64 civilians as they tried to escape across the Tigris River. An airstrike killed five militants, including a close aide to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Chemical weapons sickened 26 people in Dandan and Jawzq.
Eight bodies were found in a mass grave near the Iranian border in Shaanoun.
Turkish jets targeting Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) killed ten members near Zakho.
Clashes in Qayrawan left 23 militants dead.
Twenty militants were killed in a strike on an Internet cafe in Qaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Female Turkmen Politician Killed; 143 Killed in Iraq – May 29th, 2017
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017