The Iraqi government estimates that over 22,000 people have fled western Mosul since May 4, when a new front against the Islamic State militants was opened.
Seven student activists, who were kidnapped in Baghdad this week, were released. The Interior Ministry did not name the perpetrators.
Turkey conducted airstrikes targeting Kurdistan Worker’s Party (P.K.K.) sites in Dohuk province.
At least 70 were killed and four were wounded in recent violence:
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Abu Ghraib.
A bomb in Iskandariya wounded two policemen.
Police in Hammam al-Alil, Qabr al-Abed, and Shura killed 22 militants.
Militiamen killed 20 militants in Tiniyah.
Airstrikes on Tal Afar left three militants dead.
In Qaim, a dispute over women left one militant dead and two wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Yazidis Found in Mass Grave; 100 Killed in Iraq – November 22nd, 2017
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017
- Gunmen Attack Baghdad Checkpoint; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2017