At least 58 were killed and six were wounded:
At least 25 civilians were executed in Hawija for trying to escape ISIS/Daesh territory.
In Mosul, security forces found a dead child who had been in Daesh custody; several others were liberated. An airstrike on a home in Zanjili district killed a civilian and wounded a child; 11 militants were also killed. Police killed seven more militants.
Near Rutba clashes left two tribal fighters and two militants dead.
A bomb wounded three policemen in Haswa.
A blast at a Taji market wounded two people.
Four suicide bombers were killed trying to attack militia members near Baiji.
Militiamen killed three militants in Okashat.
In the Makhoul Mountains, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017