In Mosul, seven soldiers were sickened in a possible chlorine gas attack in Hayy al-Abar district. An army commander was killed, but the details were not released. A missile slightly wounded a journalist. An airstrike killed a militant leader, among others. Three others leaders were also killed in strikes.
A bomb killed three people in Abu Garma.
Clashes between Shi’ite militiamen and Islamic State militants took place in Tuz Khormato.
Nine militants were killed in Rayhanna.
An airstrike near Metabijh killed three militants.
A wali was killed during fighting among militants in Baaj. Several others were killed or wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017