In Mosul, seven soldiers were sickened in a possible chlorine gas attack in Hayy al-Abar district. An army commander was killed, but the details were not released. A missile slightly wounded a journalist. An airstrike killed a militant leader, among others. Three others leaders were also killed in strikes.
A bomb killed three people in Abu Garma.
Clashes between Shi’ite militiamen and Islamic State militants took place in Tuz Khormato.
Nine militants were killed in Rayhanna.
An airstrike near Metabijh killed three militants.
A wali was killed during fighting among militants in Baaj. Several others were killed or wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017