At least 62 were killed and four were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb in the Maalef district killed two people and wounded four more.
Eighteen militants were killed in Ahila.
Turkish warplanes bombed Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in the Zab region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Tal Afar Oil Wells on Fire; 49 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2017
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017