Residents of eastern Mosul, which was liberated in January, are clamoring for basic services, but with the war still occurring just across the Tigris River, progress has been slow. One area where work has begun, again slowly, is in counseling trauma victims.
More than 5,500 displaced families returned to their homes in several cities across Anbar province.
At least 61 were killed and two were wounded in recently reported violence:
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more at a fish market in Yusufiya.
Two policemen were shot dead in Abu Saida, but the murders may be related to a tribal feud.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Female Turkmen Politician Killed; 143 Killed in Iraq – May 29th, 2017
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017