Residents of eastern Mosul, which was liberated in January, are clamoring for basic services, but with the war still occurring just across the Tigris River, progress has been slow. One area where work has begun, again slowly, is in counseling trauma victims.
More than 5,500 displaced families returned to their homes in several cities across Anbar province.
At least 61 were killed and two were wounded in recently reported violence:
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more at a fish market in Yusufiya.
Two policemen were shot dead in Abu Saida, but the murders may be related to a tribal feud.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017