Residents of eastern Mosul, which was liberated in January, are clamoring for basic services, but with the war still occurring just across the Tigris River, progress has been slow. One area where work has begun, again slowly, is in counseling trauma victims.
More than 5,500 displaced families returned to their homes in several cities across Anbar province.
At least 61 were killed and two were wounded in recently reported violence:
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more at a fish market in Yusufiya.
Two policemen were shot dead in Abu Saida, but the murders may be related to a tribal feud.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018