Residents of eastern Mosul, which was liberated in January, are clamoring for basic services, but with the war still occurring just across the Tigris River, progress has been slow. One area where work has begun, again slowly, is in counseling trauma victims.
More than 5,500 displaced families returned to their homes in several cities across Anbar province.
At least 61 were killed and two were wounded in recently reported violence:
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more at a fish market in Yusufiya.
Two policemen were shot dead in Abu Saida, but the murders may be related to a tribal feud.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018