Witnesses in Mosul report that militants are executing scores of people trying to escape the fighting. They are hanging the bodies of some victims from utility poles or leaving near the frontlines as a warning to others.
At least 276 were killed and 12 were wounded:
A bomb in Saidiya killed three security personnel and wounded nine more; three militants were killed. Four militants were killed separately.
In Baghdad, a bomb near a market in Suwaib killed one person and wounded three more.
After an increase in attacks in Salah ad-Din province, security forces conducted an operation and killed 200 militants.
Security forces killed 30 militants while recapturing Rayhanna.
In Tal Afar, strikes killed 19 militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018