At least 28 were killed and 23 were wounded:
In Mosul, a mass grave containing 24 bodies, including those of children, was found while security personnel were clearing mines. At least 12 civilians were sickened and required medical attention after militants shelled Adala, Bab al-Saray and Shaer Nineveh with probable chemical weapons. Also in Bab al-Saray, 10 prisoners were discovered and freed.
In Baghdad, a grenade thrown at a checkpoint in Rashid killed a militiaman and wounded two more.
A roadside bomb in Zarga wounded four Peshmerga.
An artillery strike on Metabijh killed a militant official and two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018