At least 28 were killed and 23 were wounded:
In Mosul, a mass grave containing 24 bodies, including those of children, was found while security personnel were clearing mines. At least 12 civilians were sickened and required medical attention after militants shelled Adala, Bab al-Saray and Shaer Nineveh with probable chemical weapons. Also in Bab al-Saray, 10 prisoners were discovered and freed.
In Baghdad, a grenade thrown at a checkpoint in Rashid killed a militiaman and wounded two more.
A roadside bomb in Zarga wounded four Peshmerga.
An artillery strike on Metabijh killed a militant official and two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Clashes South of Mosul; 10 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2018
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018