At least 28 were killed and 23 were wounded:
In Mosul, a mass grave containing 24 bodies, including those of children, was found while security personnel were clearing mines. At least 12 civilians were sickened and required medical attention after militants shelled Adala, Bab al-Saray and Shaer Nineveh with probable chemical weapons. Also in Bab al-Saray, 10 prisoners were discovered and freed.
In Baghdad, a grenade thrown at a checkpoint in Rashid killed a militiaman and wounded two more.
A roadside bomb in Zarga wounded four Peshmerga.
An artillery strike on Metabijh killed a militant official and two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018