More than 2,000 Iranian fighters have been killed in foreign missions, including in Iraq, according to Mohammad Ali Shahidi, the head of Iran’s veterans’ affairs office.
The commander of Iraqi’s counter-terrorism force, Abdul-Ghani al-Assadi, estimates that about 60 percent of western Mosul is now under Iraqi control.
At least 238 were killed and two more were wounded:
Eight civilians were executed in Hawija on charges that they helped civilians escape Daesh territory.
A bomb in Houra left one soldier dead and another wounded.
In Mosul, 64 militants were killed in airstrikes against Dindan and Dawasa. Another 111 were killed during the capture of the Hurriya Bridge. Security forces killed 33 militants in Bab Lashk. Four bombers were killed in Dindan. Dozens of militants were killed when troops captured the governorate complex in Bab al-Tob.
Militiamen killed 10 militants in Hadar.
Two militants were killed in Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018