The United Nations reported that 683 people were injured in Mosul last week, and at least 818 were wounded the week before that. The figures were compiled from the number of patients taken to hospital in Iraqi Kurdistan. The World Health Organization (W.H.O) said about 50 patients a day are currently treated in Erbil’s emergency rooms.
At least 85 were killed and seven more wounded:
A policeman was killed and two more were wounded during a bombing in Tarmiya.
In Mosul, 20 militants were killed in the Siddeeq and Sukkar districts. Security forces killed 25 militants in Hadbaa and Sabaa Nisan, including an Australian leader. Dozens more were killed in Maliya. Dozens were also killed at the southeastern front.
Ten militants were killed near Sinjar.
Security forces on the Adhaim highway killed a militant.
A militia leader was shot dead in Mussayab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017