Counter Terrorism Service personnel reached the Tigris River in Mosul on Sunday.
At least 145 were killed and 97 more wounded:
A suicide bomber in Sadr City killed 16 people and wounded 47 others at a Jamila district. A second suicide bomber was killed by shrapnel from his partner’s bomb, but his bomb later exploded at a hospital morgue.
Four soldiers were killed and three were wounded in a clash near Haditha.
A roadside bomb in Kharabarut killed two Peshmerga and wounded three more. The Peshmerga were apparently Iranian-Kurdish men.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Madaen.
An operation on January 5 in Hawija left a militant doctor dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017