Sadr City Bombing Offsets Mosul Gains; 145 Killed in Iraq
Counter Terrorism Service personnel reached the Tigris River in Mosul on Sunday.
At least 145 were killed and 97 more wounded:
A suicide bomber in Sadr City killed 16 people and wounded 47 others at a Jamila district. A second suicide bomber was killed by shrapnel from his partner’s bomb, but his bomb later exploded at a hospital morgue.
Four soldiers were killed and three were wounded in a clash near Haditha.
A roadside bomb in Kharabarut killed two Peshmerga and wounded three more. The Peshmerga were apparently Iranian-Kurdish men.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Madaen.
An operation on January 5 in Hawija left a militant doctor dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Army Colonel Among 72 Killed in Iraq – January 22nd, 2017
- More Camp Speicher Victims Found; 88 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2017
- Executions in Kirkuk; 102 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2017
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017