Sadr City Bombing Offsets Mosul Gains; 145 Killed in Iraq
Counter Terrorism Service personnel reached the Tigris River in Mosul on Sunday.
At least 145 were killed and 97 more wounded:
A suicide bomber in Sadr City killed 16 people and wounded 47 others at a Jamila district. A second suicide bomber was killed by shrapnel from his partner’s bomb, but his bomb later exploded at a hospital morgue.
Four soldiers were killed and three were wounded in a clash near Haditha.
A roadside bomb in Kharabarut killed two Peshmerga and wounded three more. The Peshmerga were apparently Iranian-Kurdish men.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Madaen.
An operation on January 5 in Hawija left a militant doctor dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Civilian Airstrike Deaths; 151 Killed in Iraq – April 27th, 2017
- New Zealand and Australia Deploying More Troops; 134 Killed in Iraq – April 26th, 2017
- Turkish Friendly Fire Kills Kurdish Troops; 86 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2017
- Mass Execution near Kirkuk; 58 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2017
- Civilians Killed in Mosul Clashes; 180 Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2017