Counter Terrorism Service personnel reached the Tigris River in Mosul on Sunday.
At least 145 were killed and 97 more wounded:
A suicide bomber in Sadr City killed 16 people and wounded 47 others at a Jamila district. A second suicide bomber was killed by shrapnel from his partner’s bomb, but his bomb later exploded at a hospital morgue.
Four soldiers were killed and three were wounded in a clash near Haditha.
A roadside bomb in Kharabarut killed two Peshmerga and wounded three more. The Peshmerga were apparently Iranian-Kurdish men.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Madaen.
An operation on January 5 in Hawija left a militant doctor dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018