Sadr City Bombing Offsets Mosul Gains; 145 Killed in Iraq
Counter Terrorism Service personnel reached the Tigris River in Mosul on Sunday.
At least 145 were killed and 97 more wounded:
A suicide bomber in Sadr City killed 16 people and wounded 47 others at a Jamila district. A second suicide bomber was killed by shrapnel from his partner’s bomb, but his bomb later exploded at a hospital morgue.
Four soldiers were killed and three were wounded in a clash near Haditha.
A roadside bomb in Kharabarut killed two Peshmerga and wounded three more. The Peshmerga were apparently Iranian-Kurdish men.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Madaen.
An operation on January 5 in Hawija left a militant doctor dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Airstrikes in Mosul; 80 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2017