Fighting Resumes in Mosul; 106 Killed in Iraq
Iraqi and Coalition forces have now resumed operations in Mosul after a brief pause.
At least 106 were killed and 52 were wounded:
In Mosul, mortars killed five people and wounded 13 in Zuhoor district. Another five dead and five wounded were reported in separate shelling. Clashes in Qaryat Tawilah and Zaytoun left five officers dead. In Tal al-Zalat, 23 militants were killed. Eight militants were killed and 13 were wounded in Intisar.
A bombing in Baghdad left nine dead, mostly Christians.
In the Hamrin Hills, a bomb killed two security personnel and wounded two more. Eighteen militants were killed or wounded.
A car bomb in Khalis killed one policeman and wounded four others.
Twenty militants were killed during an operation in Baiji.
Security forces killed 15 militants in Abu Seif.
In Rawah, eight militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Casualties; 77 Killed Across Iraq – April 22nd, 2017
- Qatari Hostages Freed; 16 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2017
- ISIS Leader’s Relative Reported Killed in Mosul; 63 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2017
- Bodies Floating in Tigris River; 17 Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2017
- Temporary Bridge Opens in Mosul; 108 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2017