Without giving any operational details, U.S. Army Colonel Brett G. Sylvia revealed that U.S. troops are more deeply integrated within Iraqi forces than in the past.
The International Organization for Migration reported that the number of displaced in the Mosul operations has passed 110,000 people.
At least 55 were killed and 12 were wounded:
A Kurdish health minister reported on the deaths of two healthworkers during the Mosul operations, but did not specify where or when. Several more have been injured.
Gunmen killed a man in Kirkuk.
An operation in Wadi al-Hajar left 28 militants dead.
Seventeen militants were killed and more were wounded during an airstrike on Hassan Shallal.
Near Ayaliya, an airstrike killed seven militants and wounded 12 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018