Without giving any operational details, U.S. Army Colonel Brett G. Sylvia revealed that U.S. troops are more deeply integrated within Iraqi forces than in the past.
The International Organization for Migration reported that the number of displaced in the Mosul operations has passed 110,000 people.
At least 55 were killed and 12 were wounded:
A Kurdish health minister reported on the deaths of two healthworkers during the Mosul operations, but did not specify where or when. Several more have been injured.
Gunmen killed a man in Kirkuk.
An operation in Wadi al-Hajar left 28 militants dead.
Seventeen militants were killed and more were wounded during an airstrike on Hassan Shallal.
Near Ayaliya, an airstrike killed seven militants and wounded 12 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018