U.K. Defense Secretary Michael Fallon estimates that about 25,000 Islamic State militants have been killed in Iraq and Syria. The secretary announced this figure to reporters in the presence of U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter. The estimate is about half what the United States has publicly claimed. Meanwhile, the commander of Mosul operations, Najim al-Jabouri announced that about 4,000 militants were killed in the Mosul operations.
Darbaz Muhammad, the minister for displacement and migration, estimates that 118,000 people have been pushed out of the Mosul and Hawija regions.
At least 25 were killed and two were wounded:
In Mosul, car bombs in the Noor and Tamim neighborhoods left 18 civilians dead.
A bomb targeting a family escaping Daesh territory near Tel Ward left one dead and two wounded.
Strikes on Rawa left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Men on Fishing Trip Among Nine Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2019
- 26 Shabaks Found in Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2019
- Border Guards Among 15 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2019
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019