Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told reporters that the operation in Mosul is going well, and about two-thirds of Nineveh province has been captured. He warned that if it appears to be going slow in Mosul itself, it is because civilians have not fled as in other recaptured cities and forces must minimize the danger to them. Security forces on Monday continued to liberate villages in the province.
At least 44 were killed and 10 were wounded:
Militants executed 17 civilians near Hawija.
Mortar fire on Ganous killed eight soldiers.
In Mosul, fighting left four soldiers and 13 militants dead.
A suicide bomber was killed west of Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018