Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told reporters that the operation in Mosul is going well, and about two-thirds of Nineveh province has been captured. He warned that if it appears to be going slow in Mosul itself, it is because civilians have not fled as in other recaptured cities and forces must minimize the danger to them. Security forces on Monday continued to liberate villages in the province.
At least 44 were killed and 10 were wounded:
Militants executed 17 civilians near Hawija.
Mortar fire on Ganous killed eight soldiers.
In Mosul, fighting left four soldiers and 13 militants dead.
A suicide bomber was killed west of Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017