Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi told reporters that the operation in Mosul is going well, and about two-thirds of Nineveh province has been captured. He warned that if it appears to be going slow in Mosul itself, it is because civilians have not fled as in other recaptured cities and forces must minimize the danger to them. Security forces on Monday continued to liberate villages in the province.
At least 44 were killed and 10 were wounded:
Militants executed 17 civilians near Hawija.
Mortar fire on Ganous killed eight soldiers.
In Mosul, fighting left four soldiers and 13 militants dead.
A suicide bomber was killed west of Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018