Fighting has displaced over 82,000 people in the Mosul region since October 17, according to the International Organization for Migration. Meanwhile, children remaining in Mosul are being sickened by unsanitary water.
At least 35 people were killed and 37 were wounded in recent violence:
Three militiamen were killed in Sharai village near Tal Afar, and their bodies were desecrated.
Gunmen in Kirkuk murdered the head of a radio station that broadcasts in Arabic, Kurdish, and Turkmen.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded two civilians.
An airstrike on Hawija killed nine militants, including an agriculture minister.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018