Fighting has displaced over 82,000 people in the Mosul region since October 17, according to the International Organization for Migration. Meanwhile, children remaining in Mosul are being sickened by unsanitary water.
At least 35 people were killed and 37 were wounded in recent violence:
Three militiamen were killed in Sharai village near Tal Afar, and their bodies were desecrated.
Gunmen in Kirkuk murdered the head of a radio station that broadcasts in Arabic, Kurdish, and Turkmen.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded two civilians.
An airstrike on Hawija killed nine militants, including an agriculture minister.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018