Fighting has displaced over 82,000 people in the Mosul region since October 17, according to the International Organization for Migration. Meanwhile, children remaining in Mosul are being sickened by unsanitary water.
At least 35 people were killed and 37 were wounded in recent violence:
Three militiamen were killed in Sharai village near Tal Afar, and their bodies were desecrated.
Gunmen in Kirkuk murdered the head of a radio station that broadcasts in Arabic, Kurdish, and Turkmen.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded two civilians.
An airstrike on Hawija killed nine militants, including an agriculture minister.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017