Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi rejected claims that Turkey is involved in the Mosul operation. Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu earlier on Monday said that Turkish artillery fire had killed 17 militants in Bashiqa and Turkish jets were ready to fly on command. The Kurds are denying they asked for the help in the Bashiqa operations. Iran is now calling Turkish involvement unacceptable so long as Iraq does not want it.
Security forces have rescued at least 70 Yazidi women and children during operations in Iraq and Syria in the last week.
At least 482 people were killed and 116 were wounded:
In Baghdad, 11 people were killed and 35 were wounded in a series of bombings.
A bomb south of Mosul killed six people and wounded 10 more who were trying to flee Daesh territory.
In Kirkuk, the number of civilians and security personnel killed in the recent Daesh attack has risen by 65 dead to a total of 99 killed. More than 200 security personnel were injured, which is 69 more than previously reported. The number of militants killed in the assault was adjusted to 74 killed. That number is higher than previous figures by 26 deaths. A suicide bomber killed himself on Monday.
The Iraqi army reports that 770 militants have been killed. That figure is up by 297 deaths from two days ago.
Sixteen militants were killed in clashes in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018