As world leaders gathered in New York City for the first day of the United Nations General Assembly, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi met with U.S. President Barack Obama. Abadi also announced the launch of operations to recover the city of Shirqat, which is home to tens of thousands of people, and two other locations in Anbar province.
Peshmerga officials say their bomb disposal teams have defused over 13,000 booby traps and landmines as well as disposing of munitions and clearing homes. Also, 88 injured fighters are being sent abroad for medical care.
At least 50 people were killed:
In Mosul, militants closed all internet cafes and executed five workers.
Seventeen militants were killed in an airstrike on a car bomb factory in Dibs.
In Haditha, a strike left dozens of militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018