Colonel Chris Garver, the U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, reported on the deployment of a floating bridge on the Tigris River near Qayara. Ten U.S. soldiers helped Iraqi security forces set up the bridge, which will be an essential tool in the upcoming operation to free Mosul.
At least 125 people were killed and 45 were wounded:
A mass grave containing 25 victims was found in Fallujah.
In Baghdad, a woman and four children were killed when mortars landed on the al-Salam displaced persons camp; at least seven others were wounded. A suicide bomber killed six people, including three policemen, and wounded 15 more at a Shoala market. A blast killed two civilians and wounded five more in Saidiya. In Rashidiya, three intelligence officers were shot dead. Iraqi forces killed two suicide bombers.
A bomb at a Yusufiya market left three dead and nine wounded.
Two militiamen were killed when a booby-trapped house exploded in Garma.
In Mosul, militants executed 17 of their commanders for deserting the frontlines at Qayara.
Airstrikes left 16 militants dead in Baghdadi.
Clashes in Bazwaya left eight militants dead and five wounded.
Eight militants were killed in a strike on Jazirat al-Khalidiya.
Seven more militants were killed in strikes on Albu Ali al-Jassim.
A strike on Shirqat killed another seven.
In Hawija, a strike killed a militant communication expert and several bodyguards.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018