Fighting between Iranian forces and Kurdish guerrillas continued near the Iraqi border, No cross-border casualties were reported, as occurred in recent days, but two civilians were killed on the Iranian side.
The High Committee of Recognizing Shingal Genocide said that it could take three years for 30 known mass graves in the Sinjar (Shingal) area to be unearthed, and the bodies reburied properly. In the meantime, they are trying to keep them secure from dangers, both accidental and intentional.
At least 197 were killed and five more were wounded:
Militants executed four members of the Shamar tribe in Sharqat.
In the final hours of fighting in Fallujah, about 117 militants were killed.
Peshmerga forces killed 16 militants in Kazak.
In Hit, 15 militants were killed during a failed attack.
Twelve militants were killed in a failed attack on forces in the Karbala desert.
Security forces killed eight suicide bombers in Halabsa.
Five militants were killed in an operation in Hit.
In Hardan, three militants were killed.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 2 senior militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018