Fighting between Iranian forces and Kurdish guerrillas continued near the Iraqi border, No cross-border casualties were reported, as occurred in recent days, but two civilians were killed on the Iranian side.
The High Committee of Recognizing Shingal Genocide said that it could take three years for 30 known mass graves in the Sinjar (Shingal) area to be unearthed, and the bodies reburied properly. In the meantime, they are trying to keep them secure from dangers, both accidental and intentional.
At least 197 were killed and five more were wounded:
Militants executed four members of the Shamar tribe in Sharqat.
In the final hours of fighting in Fallujah, about 117 militants were killed.
Peshmerga forces killed 16 militants in Kazak.
In Hit, 15 militants were killed during a failed attack.
Twelve militants were killed in a failed attack on forces in the Karbala desert.
Security forces killed eight suicide bombers in Halabsa.
Five militants were killed in an operation in Hit.
In Hardan, three militants were killed.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 2 senior militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Personnel Among 10 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Kidnapped Pilgrims Found; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2018
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018