Fighting between Iranian forces and Kurdish guerrillas continued near the Iraqi border, No cross-border casualties were reported, as occurred in recent days, but two civilians were killed on the Iranian side.
The High Committee of Recognizing Shingal Genocide said that it could take three years for 30 known mass graves in the Sinjar (Shingal) area to be unearthed, and the bodies reburied properly. In the meantime, they are trying to keep them secure from dangers, both accidental and intentional.
At least 197 were killed and five more were wounded:
Militants executed four members of the Shamar tribe in Sharqat.
In the final hours of fighting in Fallujah, about 117 militants were killed.
Peshmerga forces killed 16 militants in Kazak.
In Hit, 15 militants were killed during a failed attack.
Twelve militants were killed in a failed attack on forces in the Karbala desert.
Security forces killed eight suicide bombers in Halabsa.
Five militants were killed in an operation in Hit.
In Hardan, three militants were killed.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 2 senior militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018