At least 254 were killed and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
About 130 Iraqi soldiers have been killed in the Fallujah operations, according to unofficial reports. Yesterday, 92 deaths of security personnel of unknown affiliation were reported. Assuming they were all Iraqi soldiers, this would raise the number of estimated military deaths by 38 killed. Baghdad officials refuse to release any believable casualty figures for the military, and these estimates cannot be confirmed independently due to the fighting.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded nine more.
In Hawd, gunmen killed one person and wounded another.
Sources in Mosul report that 89 militants were killed at the nearby frontlines.
In Nuaimiya, 50 militants were killed.
Strikes killed 34 militants in Qayara.
A strike on Falahat killed 12 militants.
Airstrikes killed 10 militants in Shirqat, including a judge.
Ten suicide bombers were killed in Sejar and Kubeisa.
Eight militants were killed in a strike on Albu Ziyab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018