Peshmerga forces are strengthening their defenses in the Kirkuk region but deny that the new trenches and walls are to mark an independent Kurdistan’s future borders.
At least 310 were killed and 88 were wounded:
Roadside bombs targeting a military convoy near Ramadi killed eight security members and wounded 14 more.
An airstrike on Faisaliya left six students dead and eight others wounded.
A militiaman was shot dead in Barwana.
Shelling left 15 militants dead in Dibs.
A dozen militants were killed in a strike on Falahat.
Dozens of militants were killed in Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018