Peshmerga forces are strengthening their defenses in the Kirkuk region but deny that the new trenches and walls are to mark an independent Kurdistan’s future borders.
At least 310 were killed and 88 were wounded:
Roadside bombs targeting a military convoy near Ramadi killed eight security members and wounded 14 more.
An airstrike on Faisaliya left six students dead and eight others wounded.
A militiaman was shot dead in Barwana.
Shelling left 15 militants dead in Dibs.
A dozen militants were killed in a strike on Falahat.
Dozens of militants were killed in Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017