Peshmerga forces are strengthening their defenses in the Kirkuk region but deny that the new trenches and walls are to mark an independent Kurdistan’s future borders.
At least 310 were killed and 88 were wounded:
Roadside bombs targeting a military convoy near Ramadi killed eight security members and wounded 14 more.
An airstrike on Faisaliya left six students dead and eight others wounded.
A militiaman was shot dead in Barwana.
Shelling left 15 militants dead in Dibs.
A dozen militants were killed in a strike on Falahat.
Dozens of militants were killed in Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018