Coalition forces conducted an airstrike on the occupied Turkish consulate in Mosul after consulting with Ankara on the operation.
At least 303 were killed and 133 were wounded:
Iraqi forces briefly held Nasr village on Monday before having to withdraw a few hours later. Militants counterattacked, killing 20 soldiers and wounding 25 more. At least 30 militants were killed in the fighting. Nearby, Peshmerga forces killed a suicide bomber.
Mortars killed two people and wounded seven more in Abu Ghraib.
About 70 militants were killed during operations in Hit.
In Albu Shejil, security forces killed 34 militants.
An accidental explosion killed 30 militants and wounded 15 more in Rashad.
Airstrikes on Nimrod left 26 militants dead and 12 wounded.
Fifteen militants were killed during clashes in the Ajil oil fields.
In Hawija, militants killed 15 of their own on charges of spying.
Eight militants were killed in Garma.
An airstrike on Mosul killed five militants including a wali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018