Coalition forces conducted an airstrike on the occupied Turkish consulate in Mosul after consulting with Ankara on the operation.
At least 303 were killed and 133 were wounded:
Iraqi forces briefly held Nasr village on Monday before having to withdraw a few hours later. Militants counterattacked, killing 20 soldiers and wounding 25 more. At least 30 militants were killed in the fighting. Nearby, Peshmerga forces killed a suicide bomber.
Mortars killed two people and wounded seven more in Abu Ghraib.
About 70 militants were killed during operations in Hit.
In Albu Shejil, security forces killed 34 militants.
An accidental explosion killed 30 militants and wounded 15 more in Rashad.
Airstrikes on Nimrod left 26 militants dead and 12 wounded.
Fifteen militants were killed during clashes in the Ajil oil fields.
In Hawija, militants killed 15 of their own on charges of spying.
Eight militants were killed in Garma.
An airstrike on Mosul killed five militants including a wali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017